Vacationing in Scottsdale can be a great experience. From when to visit and what to do, we will take a look at how to maximize your visit to Scottsdale.
Best Time of Year to Visit
Spring and Fall are the best times of the year to visit, with late March to June having the following attractions:
- - Baseball spring training
- - Phoenix Film Festival
- - M3F Music Festival
- - Phoenix Pride Festival
- - Nirvana Food and Wine Festival
- - Scottsdale Culinary Festival.
- - NASCAR FanSheild 500 Race
- - LPGA Tour's Founders Cup
Winter can be fun, but expect higher prices for accommodations and larger crowds. Summer is the worst time of year to visit Scottsdale, where temperatures can reach above 110 and most businesses are closed.
What to Do
Scottsdale has an abundance of indoor and outdoor activities to choose from:
- - iFly Phoenix: indoor skydiving complex without hopping into a plane.
- - AZ on the Rocks: an indoor climbing gym with over 14,000 square feet of climbable terrain.
- - Scottsdale Fashion Square: an enormous shopping complex located in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale
- - Musical Instrument Museum: an interactive museum where you can view over 5,000 instruments
- - Arizona Boardwalk: 35 acres of family friendly entertainment, including such popular attractions as Butterfly Wonderland (America’s largest butterfly conservatory) and OdySea Aquarium (the largest aquarium in the Southwest)
- - Hiking
- - Lost Dog Wash Trailhead
- - Fraesfield Trailhead
- - Gateway Loop Trail (McDowell Sonoran Preserve)
- - Pinnacle Peak Summit Trail
- - Go John Trail
ATV/UTV Guided Tours
Where to Stay
Scottsdale aims to provide visitors with the utmost in luxury and relaxation through its many resorts, extended rentals, and all-inclusive hotels. The following is a sampling of what awaits your next trip in Scottsdale: